Game website will not load

Post here all bugs you find in the game
Metus

Game website will not load

Post by Metus » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:53 am

I've been trying for about 30 minutes now and I cannot get anything to load. It says that internet explorer cannot find the site.

Metus
Fear me. I come with the night.

PureOwnage

Re: Game website will not load

Post by PureOwnage » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:09 am

Been like that for me for hours now.

Metus

Post by Metus » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:21 am

Ok, so it's not just me. I will email revenger directly.

Metus
Fear me. I come with the night.

Murzim
Site Admin

Post by Murzim » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:44 am

It was a server issue. Lasted around 3h :?
One thing I know is that I do not know anything ~ Socrates

Geezer

Post by Geezer » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:48 pm

Metus wrote:I've been trying for about 30 minutes now and I cannot get anything to load. It says that internet explorer cannot find the site.

Metus
I have been trying for days ever since the new upgrade and I get the same message on Internet Explorer and FireFox both.
:( :?:
Cannot Find Site

Geezer

Post by Geezer » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:32 pm

:o What NO Replies? Am I the Only one with this Problem? :arrow: Cleared my cache, and even tried browser Google Chrome (said the site is broken). :x
It's been about a week!

Ariana

Post by Ariana » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:08 pm

The website is offline for now as it is moving to a new server. The new set begins on Thursday (Feb 25). Check the website then.
Bang Bang

Murzim
Site Admin

Post by Murzim » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:01 pm

New set is on 25th. Pre-registration is open.

We are now moving to a new server and this has made our site unavailable. Site is expected to be back any moment now.
One thing I know is that I do not know anything ~ Socrates

Two-Clubs Eddy

Post by Two-Clubs Eddy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:24 pm

While I can get to the game via http://booty-master.org and direct IP address, the original http://booty-master.com is unavailable still. Just thought I would point it out, since the first update is tomorrow and we only have 30 players since most are unlikely to be able to find the back door.

Two-Clubs Eddy

Post by Two-Clubs Eddy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:23 pm

Further info:

It appears to be a DNS issue. Doing a "ping -a booty-master.org" resolves to 69.89.27.211 (which redirects to 207.7.84.75), but doing a "ping -a booty-master.com" results in the "Ping request could not find host booty-master.com. Please check the name and try again." message. That means your DNS entry has been hosed and NO ONE should be able to find the main game site unless their local hostfile has an explicit reference (unlikely unless they have reason to, like game development). While it may have been caused by the server swap, the issue has nothing to do with it. I would check with your DNS host to see if they removed the entry due to the IP being unresponsive for a period of time. Regardless as to why the entry was munged, they need to fix it for you. The why is only important to help you know their processes and avoid this in the future, since it has a drastic impact on the game and therefore your revenue.

That said, as much as I would enjoy the edge starting before the masses would give me, it might be a better idea to delay the opening update. To be fair to those who didn't somehow find the alternate address to use.